Office of Kanawha County Clerk
About the County Clerk
The County Clerk handles voter registration, changes in party affiliation/address/last name on voter registration, records deeds, liens, births, marriages, deaths and other judgments, and files wills. In addition, the clerk is responsible for elections; obtaining and training poll workers and counting ballots. He or she is responsible for keeping and storing the county’s vital statistics. And, the Clerk of the County Commission also functions as an election officer, preparing the ballot, conducting absentee voting, and performing other election-related duties as well The Clerk maintains payroll for all county employees, receives all accounts, pays county debts, maintains the county’s financial statements and maintains all orders from the County Commission.
Vera J. McCormick, Kanawha County Clerk
The Kanawha County Clerk provides the official recording of all documents for Kanawha County. Our responsibilities include:
- All recorded documents are indexed and are available for public use. Property maps are available on computer. A computer is set aside in the Clerk’s office for public use. All materials (paper, etc.) used is paid for by the user.
- Keeps records of County Commission transactions.
- Keeps minutes of all County Commission meetings.
- All Bonds
- Probates all Wills
- Appoints fiduciary commissioners for administering certain estates.
- Copies of documents are available at a nominal fee
- Certified copies of some records can be ordered online
Monday – Fridays
8:00AM – 5:00PM
Phone (304) 357-0130
Fax (304) 357-0585
Kanawha County Clerk’s Office
409 Virginia Street East
Charleston, WV 25301
Voter Registration Office
415 Quarrier Street
Charleston, WV 25301
News and Announcements
Addendum #1 - RFQ for Demolition Services for the Kanawha County Commission Click here to view.
RFQ for 3 Year Contract for Asbestos Abatement Services Click here to view.
RFQ for Data Center Upgrade for Kanawha County Assessor Click here to view.
RFQ for Three-Year Contract (to be Renewed Annually) for the Demolition of Various Structures Identified by the Kanawha County Commission
RFQ for Three-Year Contract (to be Renewed Annually) for the Demolition of Various Structures Identified by the Kanawha County Commission [...]