Office of Kanawha County Clerk
About the County Clerk
The County Clerk handles voter registration, changes in party affiliation/address/last name on voter registration, records deeds, liens, births, marriages, deaths and other judgments, and files wills. In addition, the clerk is responsible for elections; obtaining and training poll workers and counting ballots. He or she is responsible for keeping and storing the county’s vital statistics. And, the Clerk of the County Commission also functions as an election officer, preparing the ballot, conducting absentee voting, and performing other election-related duties as well The Clerk maintains payroll for all county employees, receives all accounts, pays county debts, maintains the county’s financial statements and maintains all orders from the County Commission.
Vera J. McCormick, Kanawha County Clerk
The Kanawha County Clerk provides the official recording of all documents for Kanawha County. Our responsibilities include:
- All recorded documents are indexed and are available for public use. Property maps are available on computer. A computer is set aside in the Clerk’s office for public use. All materials (paper, etc.) used is paid for by the user.
- Keeps records of County Commission transactions.
- Keeps minutes of all County Commission meetings.
- All Bonds
- Probates all Wills
- Appoints fiduciary commissioners for administering certain estates.
- Copies of documents are available at a nominal fee
- Certified copies of some records can be ordered online
Monday – Fridays
8:00AM – 5:00PM
Phone (304) 357-0130
Fax (304) 357-0585
Kanawha County Clerk’s Office
409 Virginia Street East
Charleston, WV 25301
Voter Registration Office
415 Quarrier Street
Charleston, WV 25301
News and Announcements
RFQ for Charleston Northeast Little League Field Repairs Click here to view.
Kanawha County to Demolish First Home Through New Demolition Grant Program Charleston, WV - The Kanawha County Commission and the [...]
Kanawha County Submitted Request for Assistance on August 18th Charleston, WV - The Kanawha County Commission officially requested assistance from [...]
Kanawha County, West Virginia – August 18, 2022 – Public safety officials in Kanawha County are excited to announce that [...]