Kanawha County Courthouse implements “Safe Opening” plan to begin Monday May 18th.
Charleston W.Va. – Beginning Monday, May 18th, 2020, the Kanawha County Commission will begin a safe opening of Courthouse facilities, including the offices of the County Commission, Circuit Clerk and Magistrate Clerk, County Clerk, Assessor, Prosecuting Attorney, and Sheriff.
- Employees, members of the public, and vendors who are currently ill or have flu like symptoms SHALL NOT enter any building or office.
- Fever screening is mandatory prior to entry.
- The public is still encouraged to call, at the office numbers listed below, or visit the website at kanawha.us before visiting any office.
- Facial coverings are REQUIRED for access to the Judicial Annex Building and for the County Clerk’s Record Room and are strongly recommended for all other areas. It is the responsibility of the person seeking access to provide their own appropriate facial covering.
- The hours of the Old Courthouse at 409 Virginia Street are set at 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
- The Circuit Clerk’s office hours have been set at 9:00am to 4:00pm, Monday to Friday.
- The Magistrate Clerk’s office hours are 8:00am to 4:00pm by appointment only. Magistrate Court will operate on a normal schedule.
- Each office may require appointments, maintain individual hours and may implement additional safeguards for public access.
- The Circuit Clerk’s Office has a lock box located on the 1st floor of the Judicial Building and encourages lawyers and litigants to continue to place documents to be filed in the lock box or to forward documents to be filed by mail.
- All rules are subject to change due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
ORDER of the Kanawha Charleston Health Department
Establishing additional measures and regulations to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the public from further spread of the COVID-19 virus
Click here to view
SOS Absentee Ballot
News and Announcements
Bid Specs – RFP for Tower Site Underbrush Clearing, Tree Removal & Road Repairs for the Kanawha County Commission
Bid Specs - RFP for Tower Site Underbrush Clearing, Tree Removal & Road Repairs for the Kanawha County Commission. Click [...]
Spring Clean-up Flyer
All 3 spring clean-ups have been CANCELLED
Department of Fiduciary and Probate
The Office of the Fiduciary Supervisor oversees the administration of estates in Kanawha County. Our mission is to assist the citizens of Kanawha County with the Probate process and to make sure estates are handled properly and in a timely manner.
Department of Purchasing and Receiving
Welcome to the Department of Purchasing and Receiving; here we over see all purchases made for Kanawha County.
Department of Planning and Development
The Planning and Development Department oversees and enforces land use ordinances in the unincorporated areas of Kanawha County. The department issues building permits, oversees the demolition of abandoned structures and houses that contain methlabs.