If you still need some last minute gift ideas, consider giving the gift of preparedness.
Help your friends and family members prepare for emergencies this holiday season with an item for their emergency kit.
Pick an emergency item from the lists below or find more ideas at Ready.gov.
- NOAA Weather Radio.
- Hand-Crank Flashlight/Radio/Cell Phone Charger.
- Cellphone Charger or External Battery Pack.
- First-Aid Kit.
- Manual Can Opener.
- Smoke or Carbon Monoxide Alarm.
- Fire Extinguisher.
- Enrollment in a CPR or First-Aid Class.
- Rain/Wet Weather Gear.
You might consider items for a roadside emergency, such as:
- Jumper Cables.
- Tools – tire pressure gauge, screwdrivers, wrenches, pliers, shovel, ice scraper, etc.
- Emergency Flares.
For those with pets, supplies for a pet emergency kit:
- Pet First-Aid Kit.
- Pet Carrier.
- An extra leash or harness.
For information on how to give a fully stocked emergency preparedness kit, visit the Ready.gov Build A Kit page.